Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day 8 - Snow White and the Huntsman Dress

So... due to some unforeseen changes, it seems the updating on this challenge may slow considerably. That being said, posts will still come pretty frequently, as intend to eventually have a page for every costume I've made. :)

Snow White Dress (Snow White and the Huntsman)
Modeled by Livia, made and photographed by Sarah





Trivia: 
Dress made circa 2014, after seeing Snow White and the Huntsman in theaters. I like the upholstery taffeta of the overdress, but to my everlasting regret, I selected the most hideous pink cotton for the underdress. *shakes head*

The bodice of the overdress is lined and boned, and features eyelets in the front for a functional lace-up closure and poofy, multi-piece sleeves. Other interesting features include the infinite button array on the lower sleeves of the underdress and a gathered ruffle trim around the square neckline.

The dress was never worn for any events, sadly. As the trend suggests, I was a serial wardrobe squanderer for many years. I have now seen the error of my ways: if I'm not gonna wear it, I'm not gonna keep it.

2 comments:

  1. In these pictures (at least to my eyes) the underdress appears to be a similar shade of red to the overdress. Perhaps its the saturation on my computer monitor, and if I saw it in person, I would agree with you on the color. In any case, this is one of the more intricate (detail-wise) gowns you've showed so far, and one I would probably wear myself, if I had the right boots for it (which I think, now that my mind turns that way, I do).

    ReplyDelete