Thursday, March 9, 2017

Day 6 - Blue Elven Gown

Blue Elven Gown
Modeled, as ever, by Livia; made and photographed by Sarah








Trivia:
I made this gown around 2013, using some navy blue crushed panne I had lying around and some royal blue satin. The trim I bought especially for the dress, as I recall, and it's some of the nicest I've ever found, quality-wise. My inspiration was some elven-style dresses on etsy and a dress I made earlier with a lace-up feature in the front.

I never wore the dress to any events, sadly. Like many of my earlier gowns, it's been languishing in closets and various storage totes until the present time, unused and underappreciated.

We opted to feature Livia as Tauriel, wearing the gown, since it suits the character's love of starlight and the night. Also, I thought her red hair would complement the dark blue beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. I think the red hair and the blue panne work well together. In my head, though, Tauriel is griping about the _length_ of the gown, and how she can't run without getting tangled. ("And have you SEEN these sleeves?!") She makes similar comments about Arwen's dresses, for some reason...

    ReplyDelete