Sunday, February 26, 2017

Day 3 - Blue Winter Cloak

Day 3 of the costume showcase challenge!

This is a more recent one, and not technically a full costume. Still, it's pretty, and for a costume piece that only required an evening and a bit to make in full, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Blue Winter Cloak
As ever, modeled by the lovely Livia and photographed by this silly dwarf





Trivia:

Cloak in blue polar fleece
Hood lined in long pile faux fur
The "squashed" semicircle pattern was drafted freehand, and results in a gradual, waterfall-style drape.

Backstory: 

Basically, I had the stuff sitting around and decided to make a cloak. The fleece was originally bought on impulse, and was intended to be a blanket (probably). When I went to New Zealand, my ambitious blanket plans were scrapped, and I put the fleece into storage - only to be taken out upon my return. As such, this cloak was relatively recent (within the last month), but I don't really have plans to post my outfits chronologically.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I love the way that cloak drapes. Not a huge fan of the faux fur, but it looks so warm and comfy, I think I would probably wear it anyway. To bed. *nods* Definitely a sleepy cloak.

    ReplyDelete