Friday, February 24, 2017

A Costume a Day... Keeps Winter Doldrums at Bay! Day 1 - Green Elven Mage

I'm not sure that's how the rhyme's supposed to go, but I digress.

Livia (my partner in crime) and I had a brilliant idea. So brilliant, in fact, I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner. 

We're going to drag some of my old costumes out of the deep, dark past and give them a chance in the spotlight. This means they'll be showcased with proper camerawork, staging, makeup, accessories, etc., and posted on this blog, with a brief bit of trivia. We plan to do one a day (maybe skip a day or two if something comes up), a challenge that's sure to be a fun diversion from our boring retail lives. 

Most of these costumes were created a decade or more ago, so they're certainly not up to the standards I adhere to these days. But it's enjoyable to reflect on how far I've come, and since I never used to photograph my costumes ("back in the day"), I think it's about time. 

Without further ado, I'd like to kick us off with:

The Green Elven Mage 
Beautifully modeled by Livia, and photographed by yours truly





Trivia: 

Made roughly 2005, with assistance from Jamie Roberts (for the coat) 
The coat was intended for a high school film project, to be worn by Turin's mother (from The Children of Hurin); I portrayed the above-mentioned character, though the film never saw the light of day
The ensemble came together due to complementary color tones, and was re-dubbed "The Green Elven Mage"

1 comment:

  1. I feel a bit of a prat just now. I noticed when Blogger changed their setup, naturally, but I didn't realize until now that the change resulted in the fact that I'm not alerted to new posts on blogs that don't have the email alert available. *shame*

    In other news, I still love those yak-hair boots. They look super warm. I wonder sometimes why you don't wear them more often.

    ReplyDelete