Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Not Really Dead

Hello again, you gorgeous blog. It's been a while.

Updates:

-I now live in New Zealand. Guess it was bound to happen eventually.

-I'm attending a drama school, studying costuming. Also not surprising. Two of my instructors collaborated on Tauriel and Legolas' costumes in the actual films. I feel incredibly lucky to be learning from them.

Current projects:

-Revamping traveling!Kíli and Tauriel

-Surprise Hobbit-related cosplay for DragonCon 2016

-Thranduil and his queen

-Frodo and Sam

So, I've been really, really busy. Incredibly busy, actually. Thankfully, much of that busy-ness has been about costuming, so I have few regrets there. Anyway, talking about how busy I've been is getting boring, and besides, I know you're here for the pictures.

Latest cosplay shoot: Kíli and Tauriel, post-Battle of the Five Armies. In this version, Thorin and Fíli were killed, and Kíli survived to become the new King Under the Mountain. Terrifying thought.

Setting: Mount Taranaki, New Plymouth, NZ



As for some general updates on my personal costuming... I've remade Kíli's iconic blue tunic. It's in hand dyed silk noil (raw silk), and I literally used every scrap of useable fabric I had in the process, down to piecing together tiny scraps for the ties and piping. Remind me never to just assume I have enough fabric. *sigh*


Secondly, I have my version of Frodo's FotR cloak (the one he has before Galadriel gives the Fellowship cloaks in Lothlórien). It's in an upholstery velvet; never mind it's not the right stuff. I thought it was a good color, and the texture is nice. I view my Frodo cosplay as a quick, fun, approximation of the character. 


Hopefully, there will be updates soon from the Armageddon Expo here in Wellington. I'd say "stay tuned," but then... you might be waiting awhile. Because I tend to get busy and fail at being a regular blogger. Shame on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment