Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Progress - Thorin Raven Crown


Decided to post a few new shots of the Raven crown. It's coming along quite well. Just finished mapping out the design for the back and the wrap-around pieces that support the front. A bit tricky, really. Again, all the reference images show the crown in its finished state, either being worn, or simply suspended in space, in all its three-dimensional majesty. 



So this is where I'm at after another evening of work. Will tool the back piece tomorrow, and see about attaching it (probably with glue, or rivets) to the front piece. Might not attach it at all until I get the beveling tool I ordered, and the dye. In any case, I'll probably finish the second back piece at the least and make sure everything fits the way it should. 




2 comments:

  1. So jealous of your mad crown-making skillz, my friend. I've been drooling over the leather tooling kits in Jo-Ann for two weeks, and I think I know how I'm going to splurg when the Christmas season is over and I don't have to worry about anyone feeling upset because I bought myself something they might have been able to give me as a gift. (It's an old habit, a holdover from my teenage years, when I still lived with family.) I think your crown will look majestically amazing.
    I was wondering how the coat was coming--you mentioned something about making Thorin's coat again, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather kit! You totally should. Leather-working is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

    As for the majestic Thorin Coat of Majesticness, that's high on my to-do list. Already have the leather (bought an entire hide in navy blue), and a raccoon-fur coat that looks pretty darn legit. Will be starting on that after I finish my costume for the premiere (wherever I might be catching it, of course). :)

    ReplyDelete