Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Commission: Lucy from Fairy Tail

Well, after an entire day's work, I've finished my youngest sister's costume, and I am exhausted. So ridiculously exhausted. Hard to believe I haven't even started on my own costume yet. We're really getting down to it. *jumps up to stop euphoric cat from rolling around in tissue sewing patterns* 

The costume wasn't all that difficult, though the pattern I bought for the bolero top had the strangest collar I've ever seen. It's like something the bourgeoisie French might've worn. *scratches head* Really bizarre. What _was_ difficult was how many separate pieces there were, and the various details of each. Bolero top, bodice (fully lined, with appliqué), tie-on flounce sleeves, and a skirt. That's a lot to finish in one day, lemme tell ya.

Anyway, another anime character costume, from another show I've never seen and know nothing about. At least my sister is delighted. I wasn't terribly sold on the electric yellow with the royal blue, but it does give it a sufficient pop of color. I adjusted the original costume to make it more modest (made the bodice a full one instead of a belly shirt, and lengthened the skirt). 


I have to say, it looks remarkably good on her. The skirt and bodice mesh together well, and almost look like a dress. The flounce sleeves are really (dare I say it?) cute. I think my version looks better than the one in the anime. *satisfied grin*

Next up in my pre-Halloween costume marathon is Daenerys! Haven't seen Game of Thrones, but I'm sufficiently impressed by the costume work, especially the gowns worn by the "Mother of Dragons." I have a shoulder dragon I'm going to use as part of the costume; looking forward to wearing it. But first... I'm taking a much-needed break. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment