Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Commission: Dr. Who Inspired Cloak

So I didn't really document this process as much as I probably should have, but suffice it to say... it wasn't so much challenging as it was time-consuming. It's fully lined, and quite heavy, made of blue linen look fabric and gold crepe back satin. 

The Tardis windows on the lower hem are appliqués, hand cut out and applied, then stitched around. That took the majority of the first day.


The 50-odd Dalek circles were as evil and homocidal as their fictional counterparts, and I had to hand paint every single one. It took about six hours total. 



If it had just been an ordinary lined cloak, it would've taken about three hours. All told, this decorative cloak took me some fifteen hours. Repetitive tasks. Not a fan. 


I'm going to have nightmares about painting black circles... over and over and over and over. Exterminate! *dies*


No comments:

Post a Comment