Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Major Work - Thor: The Dark World Cosplay WIP


Other insanity I've been up to in the last month or two includes:

-Thor's armor ensemble from Thor: The Dark World
-Loki prison cell costume (for Lisa, both for Denver Comic-Con)
-camping road trip to Maui with my mom
-5-day wedding adventure in Idaho (never moving there; sorry, spuds)
-full-scale remodel of our local Sunglass Hut, starring large, rectangular grey tiles and badly designed cabinets full of glass
-keeping my Grandpa in line
-clearing out my costume inventory (I've sold about 60% of my costumes so far, and about 90% of what I had listed)

Thought I'd post a bit about my Thor cosplay, since that's been in-progress for about 5 months now. The chest armor took forever, otherwise I'd definitely have been done by now. Stare at the designs for too long and you go cross-eyed. Everything looks like pretzels.

Chest armor:
-tooling leather, leather glue, rivets, copious amounts of patience
Front

Back






Pattern


Pants / kilt:
-garment leather, industrial sewing machine, leather adhesive, metallic paint, double-sided hem tape, 500 hours spent online looking for the right metal buckles, blue linen, metal zipper stops, pliers




Cloak:
-red wool, red linen, going crazy with pleats, patience to tack everything properly






Rondels (3D printed; before smoothing: left, after smoothing: right)

No comments:

Post a Comment