Friday, January 30, 2015

Progress on Bilbo cosplay, Finished Thorin Royal Regalia, and fem!Smaug

I've been sorely neglecting this blog, unfortunately, due to general busy-ness and fact that most of my updates have been taking place on my Facebook cosplay page. 

*awkward transition* I took some lovely pictures of my finished Thorin cosplay, which was fun. It's not 100% done, to be completely honest, but it's definitely getting there. 

Thus far, pretty much the only picture that's turned up of my cosplay in action. The beard is terrible, I know. Due to a number of malfunctions on the way, my normal lace beard was out of commission, so I ended up having to make one using paint and mascara. Looks more like Kíli than, well, Kíli. *dies of shame*

As for my Bilbo costume, it's temporarily gone on hiatus, but I'd finished the outer layer when I put it away in favor of preparing for the con (WizardCon). 

So. Much. Hobbity-ness. 

And now I'm on to fem!Smaug for a contest video I'm going to attempt before the first of February. Here's where it stands as of now. (Working on the wings today.)

"My claws are SPEARS!!!" (These are made out of wet-formed leather, dyed and painted. Very sturdy.)







No comments:

Post a Comment